Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Introduction to Heritage Interpretation Course

Introduction to Heritage Interpretation Course. 14 Units - 2 CEU credits. $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/introduction_to_heritage_interpretation_course.html

This is the same college level introductory course on Heritage Interpretation that I taught at Michigan State University, and in our world-wide interpretive training courses.  This is a perfect hands-on e-learning experience for:
            - New and seasonal interpretive staff for parks and related heritage sites.
            - Training for docents and volunteers for museums or heritage sites responsible for
               planning and delivery of interpretive programs or tours.
            - A good review course for those that train interpreters who, themselves, have never had a
               college level course in heritage interpretation.

The course unit topics include:
            - That makes the message, program or service “interpretive” not just informational.
            - Review or introduction to Tilden’s Interpretive Principles
            - Review of how visitors learn and remember concepts in a “recreational learning
               environment”.
            - Developing interpretive themes and objectives.
            - Understanding how to read your audience (and tangibles & intangibles).
            - Overview of interpretive media interpretation (panels, exhibits, publications).
            - Self-evaluation – were your objectives for your program or media accomplished?

The way the course works.
Just like a semester level college course, each Unit is set up as a college lecture.  Each unit includes:
            - YouTube video on the Unit content.
            - e-Text book on interpretive concepts, principles and planning.
            - Additional handout materials.
- Your homework assignment to be sent to the course instructor for review and
  comments.  Upon your completion of each Unit you’ll be sent the next Unit to work on.
- You can start the course at any time and work on the course at your own pace.
- You can contact the instructor anytime you have questions or just like to chat.

Upon completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Completion, noting the award of your CEU (Continuing Education Units) credits.
Visit the course web site page for a more detailed list of the course content and to register for and pay for the course tuition.

We can also make arrangements for “group training” for this course for your whole interpretive staff.  Ask for details.

For our complete heritage interpretation course catalog (we have 37 courses in heritage interpretation), visit our course catalog web site page:
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Happy Interpreting!

John Veverka
Certified Interpretive Trainer and Planner
Director, the Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Sr. Instructor, Kansas State University Global Campus.