Advanced Courses for Interpretive Planners
The Heritage Interpretation Training Center
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

Well, another new year and new learning opportunities for interpreters. In interpretive planning, “one size does not fit all”.  Each site, facility, or heritage area may have different audiences, management goals, interpretive objectives, and theme presentations.  So interpretive planners may have to know more about planning for complex interpretive planning projects.  They may need detailed expertise in trail planning, interpretive media planning and design, visitor survey research, evaluation skills, marketing skills, and keeping updated on recent or new interpretive research.  And also know "what things cost".
All of our courses are e-LIVE – where you work on each course unit, send your “homework” to your instructor for comments, and then more on to the next unit sent to you by your instructor.  You can chat with your instructor via e-mail, phone or SKYPE whenever you need to talk about assignments or an actual project you may be working on.
* You can start the courses at any time, and complete the course at your own pace.
* Course materials/individual units include: YouTube videos, our interpretive planning e-text books, and associated handout reading and reference documents. This will include copies of actual interpretive plans for you to use as a planning model for a finished interpretive planning project.
* We will help you figure out your implementation and phasing strategy to actually fund/budget for, and implement your plan.  If you currently have an interpretive plan for your site, have a look to see if there is an implementation and phasing matrix and detailed implementation strategy.
I hope the following range of courses can help both career or new interpretive planners “keep up” with focused interpretive planning topics, skills and strategies.

Interpretive Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits. $275.00
This is our basic introductory course in interpretive planning. You can work on an actual interpretive planning
project using this course as your step-by-step guide.

Specialty Interpretive Planning Courses:

Interpretive Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens. 12 Units –

Interpretive Planning for Botanical Gardens
and Arboretums. 11 Units - 3 CEU credits, $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_botanical_gardens.html

Interpretive Planning for Historic Farms and Agricultural Sites.
13 Units - 4 CEU credits, $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_historic_farms.html

Interpretive Planning for Scenic Byways and Auto Tour Routes. 10 Units, 2 CEU Credits. $275.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_scenic_byways.html

Advanced Interpretive Master Planning. 14 Units, 2.5 CEU Credits, $250.00
(Planning for interpretive systems planning, planning for large regional landscape museums and
Outcome based organizational interpretive planning).
http://www.heritageinterp.com/advanced_interpretive_planning.html

Interpretive Planning Support Courses

Conducting Feasibility Analysis Before Developing New
Interpretive Centers, Nature Centers and Small Museums.
If you build it they may not come - or at least in the numbers needed!
So how can you know for sure before you build it?
Nine Units - 2 CEU Credits - $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_center_feasibility_analysis_course.html

An Interpretive Researchers Guide for Developing
Visitor Surveys and Questionnaire/Interview Designs
For Natural & Cultural Heritage Sites and Attractions.
Ten Units - 2.5 CEU Credits. $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_researchers_guide_for_visitor_studies.html

Developing Marketing Plans for Heritage Interpretation & Tourism
Sites and Attractions. 12 Units, 4 CEU's $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/developing_marketing_plans_for_heritate__tourism_.html

Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels e-LIVE Course –
10 Units awarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html

Planning Interpretive Trails e-LIVE Course - 13 Units - 2.5 CEU Credits $200.00

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
Can you Provoke, Relate and Reveal your themed copy in less than 100 words for
A panel, or 50 words for a museum exhibit layering of text?
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

The Interpretive Exhibit Planners Tool Box e-LIVE course –
If you have any questions about any of these courses.at all please feel free to contact me.  We can also offer any of these courses for larger teams to work on a project jointly or for total staff training.  Tuition discounts will apply.

John Veverka CIP/CIT/CPHI
Director
Heritage Interpretation Training Center
Assoc. Editor, NAI Journal of Interpretation
Sr. Instructor, Kansas State University Global Campus (Interpretive Planning).

You can check out our full interpretive 37 course catalog here: