*It's Fun to be Green @ the Museum *

*Course Description-**This workshop looks at art with a **green** perspective.
Long before it was popular to care about the environment artists such as
Monet, van Gogh, Moran, and others appreciated and were instrumental in
helping others to see the beauty and power of nature. *

Art Projects that include flower and garden themes will be introduced.

* Georgia O'Keeffe helped us to see flowers up close much like a camera. *

*Assemblage artists used recycled objects in their art.*

*Learn how to make recycled art projects.*

*  The Pop, and Earth artists explored conservation and eco themes in their
content. In contemporary time period artists such as Wyland help us to
understand the importance of Ocean life through his talented compositions.
There are many artists using recycling themes or materials to create their
own unique style and inspire others.*

*  This workshop shows you how to discuss and direct young museum visitors
to ecological insights while learning about art.  You will also discover
hands on projects and green activities to share with your Age 5-12
visitors.*

*Enroll Today Starts January 15, 2018*

Comments from the previous included:

*Thanks for putting on the class.  It was awesome.*

*I really enjoy creating the recycled planters with my students. It was fun
to give them the opportunity to create but also the component of actually
planting of a plant. I like getting new ideas and would love to hear more
ideas on museum based projects for young students*.

*I have been inspired by the Georgia O'Keefe flower paintings. I would love
to look at one of her pieces of artwork and discuss the purposes of flowers
for plants. After our discussion, students could create their own version
using construction paper. I was inspired by the pin on pinterest from one
of the discussions for this activity*!

*I am inspired by the video about painting with fruits and vegetables. . .*

*Course Title*-*It’s Fun to Be Green!   Looking at Art with "green" eyes
for Curators, Museum Educators, Docents, Volunteers, Teachers, and
Homeschool Parents (Ages 5-12 Emphasis)*

*Take this class as an individual or as a group of docents, museum
educators, teachers or homeschool parents. 1 participant per $99.00  Ask
about Group Rates.*

Instructor Valerie Colston, M.A. is an author and university art instructor
with many years of experience developing and teaching art programs.  While
a student at the University of California, San Diego she was an intern at
the Contemporary Museum of Art, San Diego and manager of the student
gallery on campus.  Later, as owner of La Jolla Arts Tours she led groups
of all ages through museums and galleries locally in the San Diego and La
Jolla, California area and was the producer of the locally aired paid
program "Gallery Close-Up."    Ms. Colston, was an art consultant
contributing art projects idea to the Wyland Foundation Ocean Challenge
program for elementary teachers.  Her book *200 Projects to Strengthen Your
Art Skills* published by Barrons Educational Series has received
outstanding reviews appearing in School Library Journal, National Art
Education Association newsletter, and more. Her *It's Easy to be a Green
Teen*  appeared in the youth librarian publication Voices of Youth
Advocates magazine. She recently received a recommended review from Teacher
Librarians magazine for her *Teens Go Green! Tips, Techniques, Tools, and
Themes for Young Adult**Programming* published by Libraries Unlimited 2011
.

*Format*

*The workshop is offered completely online and takes 12 hours (3 hours a
week) to complete.*

*The enrollment fee is $99.00*

*The online class is 4 weeks in length.  You may access the classroom 24/7.*

*Week 1-Is it a Garden, an Art Museum, or a Painting?*

You will take virtual trip to the *Huntington** Library, Art Collections,
and Botanical **Gardens, *Monet's *Garden at Giverny. *We will travel on to
the Grand Canyon and then to the National Gallery of Art and look at Thomas
Moran's spectacular painting *Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone *and learn
how the painting was instrumental in encouraging Congress to preserve this
park.  Hands on art projects include, *How to Paint a Landscape with
Children. Van Gogh Sunflower Template.*

*Week 2-A Flower by any other Name.*

This unit presents hands on projects and programming that focus on the
natural environment.  Flowers, Oceans, and other natural wonders have
interested artists for a long time. This week we will look at Georgia
O'keefe and other artists who incorporate flowers in their artwork.  We
will explore ocean life and learn how to draw a dolphin.  Budget friendly
materials will be introduced. Get inspired and begin to create your own
ideas.  Finding and using resources will be included.

*Week 3-Trash or Treasure, Making Art on a Budget.*

Duchamp, Johns, and Rauschenberg showed us what you could do with ordinary
objects.  See how contemporary artists today are using recycled objects and
imagery to create amazing art.  Learn techniques for showing children how
to create fun and fascinating objects with throw-aways.

*Week 4-Fast Food Art, and Art the Natural Way.*

Pop artists used the commercial packaging, cartoons, and other popular
images of the time to create art.  How can children create art using fast
food and other popular iconography to create art?  The Earth artists used
nature to create art. Why not you? Learn how to use soil and other natural
items to create interesting art.

*Sign Up!  Class Starts January 15, 2018  This is a 4 week workshop only
$99.00 (USD)  UK, Canadian, Australian and other currency accepted on the
Pay Pal secure website.*

*Visit **http:[log in to unmask]
<http:[log in to unmask]>*

*to sign up.*