Hi Dan,

I've noticed in both exhibits I've created and other museum exhibits that
there is often a glare and when it's light on dark lettering, the glare
wipes out the text making it impossible to read. I think if you're able to
avoid a glare problem you should be fine to use light on dark instead of
dark on light. The dark background also sets the mood of the exhibit so
perhaps it's more common to have a lighter, more "upbeat" exhibit.

Kelly Haynes