Buy a vhs to dvd unit.  Around $300 or less.  They charge alot to transfer videos  and it is relatively easy to do.  I have  a Samsung VR 357 unit and it works fine.  When you watch and transfer the tape, you can stop recording between parts and it creates an icon and another icon for the next part recorded.  You can Name the icons when done.  They it can be transfered into the computer if you  have the software and linked to you file system.