Hi Lynda,

First off -- check the laws in your state!
We have special laws that govern summer camps/day cares in our state, ours
cover epi pens too.
The next set of laws will be the "Good Samaritan Laws." These laws cover
what lay people are allowed to do up to the level of their training. So, if
you have First Aid/CPR certified staff then it will cover them UP TO what
is covered in their certification course, but not beyond, i.e., if they
don't have the AED cert then the law won't protect them if they hook
someone up to an AED.
If you opt to go ahead and have staff trained in epi use then you will
still need to get every parent with a child who carries one to sign a
waiver that permits you to take it from the child and administer it. That
still isn't ironclad, mind you, but it will help.

Best of luck.

--
*Michelle Zupan*
Curator

Visit us at www.hickory-hill.org or on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/hickoryhillmuseum>.
Follow us on Twitter: HHEducation

Historic homes of the Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc
<http://www.watson-brown.org>.