Hi Marc. Glad to hear from a local. The data that I pulled was from “local” NOAA weather stations pulled between mid- 2014 through  mid-2017.  I’m assuming from the source, that the data should be pretty good. However, I may have to respond further off-list to let you see the graphical data. The data, as usual, is pretty spiky both up and down and there are certainly days that I saw in the high 80s and 90s depending on the year and the location. I’m not sure what else to say other than to show you the graphs. I did see days in the winter in the single negative digits, but as I said, if you ignore the spikes, then this is what I see.

-Doug

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marc A Williams
Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] HVAC in New England.

Greetings, Doug,

Having lived for nearly 40 years in New England, in coastal MA, coastal and central NH (including near Concord), and north central CT currently, I am not clear on your temperatures.  During the warm weather, temperatures "peaking in the high 60s" would be the lows.  Highs generally are in the 80s, with some lower and some higher.  Winter Ts "bottoming out in the low 30s" would be the highs.  Lows in the winter generally are in the teens, with plenty of lows in the single digits and a handful below zero, and occasionally lows in the 20s.  There have been many stretches of weeks where the Ts have never gone above freezing.  In my current location in CT, which is considered southern NE, average July highs are 85, with average lows of 63.  Average highs for January are 34 with average lows of 18.  For concord, NH, averages are July 82/58 and January 31/10.  So perhaps you could further explain what you mean by your numbers.  Thanks!

Marc