Hi folks,

I am seeking some conservation advice. I am more on the education side of the museum but my brother came to me with a conservation question I could not answer. He inherited a military combat knife from our grandfather. Looks like it dates back to 1943 and looks like the blade is made of carbon steel. The handle and knife case is leather.   We would love to preserve the metal as well as the leather. Any ideas on how best to do this this?

Thank you,

Melissa
Sent from my iPhone