Hello,

I am wondering what documents any of you might use in lieu of a Deed of Gift when accessioning items that were created by/for the museum without documentation.

I’m processing an AV collection that includes video masters by production companies, our own PR footage, recordings of news coverage about the museum, and more. We have a spreadsheet inventory listing the ~1,000 items and their names/formats/numbering, but no documentation showing about how they were received. In many cases the date and our museum’s name is on the masters from the outside companies. In other cases, the connection is not clear besides that the item was numbered along with the others. Back then it may not have been clear that one day we would want to accession the footage in our archive. Do you all have any ideas on how I can accession these in a 100% above-board way?

Last time I reached out about this project I got great feedback – thank you!

Rosa Gallagher | Curatorial Intern

Bethel Woods Center for the Arts