It depends where you are and what collections are affected. Here in New England its mostly unnecessary in my view - micro environments work fine and in terms of visitor comfort - fans and the occasional AC unit. HVAC has been oversold and I see orgs with dozens of needs screaming for resources prostate themselves to pay for these big intrusive hard-to-install-without-damaging-the-structure systems and I wonder - who sold them on this.

Bill Hosley