InterpNEWS
Call for Articles for our Nov/Dec 2017 Issue.
Hi folks,
The Sep/Oct super issue of InterpNEWS (about 90pages) will go out on the 1st of Aug.  IN is sent FREE, and sent as an e-mail PDFattachment.  If you would like to receiveIN, just send me your e-mail and I will add you to our mailing list.  Be sure your e-mail can accept large e-mailPDF attachments.  You will also be ableto find the current and past IN issues at: www.issuu.com/interpnews.
Here is what will be in the Sep/Oct issue.  Note we will also have articles from Hungary,Mexico, Canada, South Africa and more in this huge super issue.  IN reaches over 300,000 interpreters, agencies and organizations in 60 countries.
InThis Issue:

- Meet our regional editors
- Interpreting the Day of the Dead - 3000 yearsof cultural heritage. The ArizonaRepublic
- Interpreting Halloween - The History Channel Staff.
- Why leaves change color.  USDA Forest Service
- Tales andMemories around Old Possum Trot School. Dr.Martha Benn Macdonald
- Shininga light on the meaning of artifacts.  J.Patrick Barry and Denise Wolvin
- Identityof famous baby dinosaur fossil revealed. ArisFole
-Discovering the story of Baltic Amber. John Veverka
- FarmMagic #4 -Feed Me.  Rod Burns.
- The management of built heritage in the system ofcultural tourism. Bernadett Mészáro
- Cutting EdgeWaterjet Technology Meets Ancient Labyrinth Design. Ron Blair
-Is It Our Place? ExhibitingControversial Contemporary Topics. ChrisBrusatte,
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and U.S. Fish &Wildlife Service Partnership Benefits Many.B. Westfall
- Haleakalasilversword -The most amazing and wonderful plant needs protection. NPS
- Phoenix Edu-Fair-Phoenix; Durban, South Africa. Tebogo Mohlakane-Mafereka
- The Korean Demilitarized Zone Into Peace Park Designation Cho kye joong
- Museos de sitio vs. centros de interpretación: lahistoria antes que los artefactos -JohnA. Veverka
- Imagine...Speaking Tip 32 Ethan Rotman
-University of Strasbourg is now listed as a World Heritage Site (News Release).
- So, who’s really your audience? Cecelia Ottenweller
- The Truth AboutWayfinding KevinFromet
- InterpNEWS Marketplace

Call for Articles for our Nov/Decissue.  Deadline of 15 September.

I amlooking for articles for the Nov/Dec InterpNEWS issue.  Send your article as a word document.  If you have any questions feel free tocontact me.  Some of the possible topicscould include:

InterpretationResearch and visitor studies.
InterpretingChristmas
Interpretationfor school groups and museum visitors.
Newinnovative museum exhibits.
Newinterpretive self-guiding technologies.
Interpretinghistoric foods and food prep.
Interpretinghistoric farms and agriculture technology
Interpretingtransportation stories and technology
Historiclandscape (battlefields, etc.) interpretation.
Livinghistory interpretation and case studies.
Interpretationat zoos and botanical gardens.
Interpretingsports heritage
Interpretationfor handicap visitors
Any otherinnovations in interpretation you want to share with our 300,000 readers in 60countries.

Again, ifyou’re interested in doing an article for us, send me an e-mail and let me knowwhat you have in mind.

John Veverka
IN Publisher/Editor