It's Fun to be Green @ the Museum

Course Description-This workshop looks at art with a green perspective.  Long before it was popular to care about the environment artists such as Monet, van Gogh, Moran, and others appreciated and were instrumental in helping others to see the beauty and power of nature.

Art Projects that include flower and garden themes will be introduced.

 Georgia O'Keeffe helped us to see flowers up close much like a camera.

Assemblage artists used recycled objects in their art.

Learn how to make recycled art projects.

  The Pop, and Earth artists explored conservation and eco themes in their content. In contemporary time period artists such as Wyland help us to understand the importance of Ocean life through his talented compositions.  There are many artists using recycling themes or materials to create their own unique style and inspire others.

  This workshop shows you how to discuss and direct young museum visitors to ecological insights while learning about art.  You will also discover hands on projects and green activities to share with your Age 5-12 visitors.

Enroll Today Starts July 10, 2017

Comments from the previous included:

Thanks for putting on the class.  It was awesome.

I really enjoy creating the recycled planters with my students. It was fun to give them the opportunity to create but also the component of actually planting of a plant. I like getting new ideas and would love to hear more ideas on museum based projects for young students.

I have been inspired by the Georgia O'Keefe flower paintings. I would love to look at one of her pieces of artwork and discuss the purposes of flowers for plants. After our discussion, students could create their own version using construction paper. I was inspired by the pin on pinterest from one of the discussions for this activity!

I am inspired by the video about painting with fruits and vegetables. . .

Visit [log in to unmask]">http:[log in to unmask]

And more information.