Hi Jessica:

This calculation does not exist to my knowledge currently.  However, it is
part of my dissertation about the opportutnity cost of collection and
collection relatinoship to organization overall health.

The closest study related to cost of collecting is
Lord, B., Lord, G. D., & Nicks, J. (1989). *The cost of collecting:
Collection management in UK museums*. London: Her Majesty’s Stationery
Office.

I'll be taking my research on the road starting in winter 2017/2018 - I
hope! Dissertation scheduled for completion May 2018.

Erin.

Erin Richardson
Director, Museum and Library Collections
Fenimore Art Museum and The Farmers' Museum
PhD Candidate, Leadership and Policy, Niagara University