We have a Dorothy Hood oil on canvas painting that has some linen hinging tape on the edges that is coming off. I have some questions. First, is the tape something the Dorothy put on her paintings or is it likely something that was added later. Second, there is adhesive left on the canvas where the tape is loose. What is the best way to remove it? If I take the tape off, what is the best way to remove the adhesive without damaging the work?

Karen Fiscus

UHCL Art Gallery Coordinator

281-283-3311