The Mississippi Governor's Mansion recently deaccessioned several items that are available for transfer to an appropriate non-profit museum or scholarly/cultural institution or organization. We are adhering to procedures outlined in our Collections Policy. Please find details about the items below.
Two aquatint engravings by W.J. Bennett and published by L.P. Clover of New York entitled, "View of the Great Fire in New York, Dec. 16-17, 1835, as seen from the top of Bank of America, Corner of Wall and William Streets" and "View of the Ruins after the Great Fire in New York, Dec. 16-17th, 1835, as seen from Exchange Place."

A dressing table with an oval swing looking glass supported by twisted columns, c. 1850, mahogany veneers. A tall chest of drawers with two top side-by-side bowed drawers, four drawers below, and carved engaged front side columns with leaf detail and raised diamond pattern, late 19th century, mahogany. A dresser with oval looking glass and two top side-by-side drawers with carved edges above three long drawers, mid-19th century, mahogany veneer. These items were owned by a San Antonio, Texas, family.

For more information on or pictures of any of these items, please contact me directly (contact info below). I am happy to answer any questions.

Best,
Megan

--------
Megan Bankston, Curator