Hi Jules,

I've been part of two oral history projects with visitors, one of which was with a pop-up exhibit. In that case, we had volunteers stationed around the exhibit with voice recorders like this one (https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Digital-Recorder-WS-852-Silver/dp/B014658DS0/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492519118&sr=1-6) who would approach visitors and ask if they were willing to share their stories related to the exhibit. Then we would escort them to a private room and ask them pre-determined questions to get the conversation flowing.

I was once involved in curating an exhibit with a narrative based on oral histories collected by college students. Perhaps, as you collect visitors' stories, you could turn them into something similar? We ended up storing them online digitally for semi-public access (students, faculty, and staff had access to the database), and when visitors who had contributed their stories came and saw the exhibit, it was a really emotional experience for them; they had shared all about their Welsh heritage with us, and seeing it come to life and being preserved for posterity was very rewarding, both for them and for me!

Hope that helps, feel free to reach out with questions.

Michelle