Have you ever thought how green practices might open new doors to your organization’s relevance within its community?

And how green practices can create pathways to a stronger organization?

Join us on Wednesday, April 5th for the AASLH webinar, “Steps to Environmental Sustainability” to explore how your organization can align its mission with environmental goals.

We’ll begin the webinar by discussing the relationship between environmental sustainability and history museums and historic sites, and highlight the basic alignments that create positive financial and social returns. Next we’ll address energy audits and how to get one – hopefully for free, and then move on to how to identify environmental practices that support historic interpretation and museum operations. We’ll finish with a discussion about creating a strategy for increased environmental sustainability that aligns with your goals and strategic plan from buildings and landscapes, to community presence. Register here.

Our guest speaker is Sarah Sutton of Sustainable Museums. Sarah is a long time member of AASLH who helps cultural and natural resource organizations identify and pursue greener approaches in programs, operations, and building/site management. Her publications include Environmental Sustainability at Historic Sites and Museums and The Green Nonprofit: The First 52 Weeks of Your Green Journey. She is co-author of The Green Museum: A Primer on Environmental Sustainability.

The webinar will be from 3 to 4:30 pm EASTERN time (2 pm Central/1 pm MT/12 pm Pacific). Cost is $25 for StEPs organizations; $40 AASLH Members, or $65 non-members. Register here.

There is no singular path to a green future; it is entirely tied to the mission and opportunities of your organization. Let’s see what great opportunities we can discover for your site!

This webinar is part of the StEPs Lab series of online continuing education offered to both StEPs program participants and all others interested in environmental sustainability for history museums and sites.

Questions? Contact me at [log in to unmask]

Cherie Cook
Senior Program Manager
American Association for State and Local History
573-893-5164

Please note our new address:

2021 21st Ave S., Suite 320

Nashville, TN 37212