Hi David,

As someone with very limited knowledge of Photoshop I have no idea of that would be possible but I’ll mentioned it to them and see what they say.

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of topladave .
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Paint on Black and White Photo

Diane -

As an interim solution - could the photo be scanned and then retouched in photoshop to remove the paint digitally so the image could be used?

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator & Museum Consultant
Los Angeles CA. USA
www.cityofangelsconservation.weebly.com<http://www.cityofangelsconservation.weebly.com>

I should have put this in my original post. The photo is not technically part of the museum collection. The marketing team here keeps a lot of photos to use in different things and recently found this one in their stash. With the marks on it, they can’t use it for what they want so they asked me if there was any way to remove it without damaging the photo. I told them it would have to be taken to a conservator.