From: Legatt, April Mary <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat, Mar 25, 2017 4:31 pm
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Service dogs in museums

Barbra,

   Thanks for your suggestion.  I have read a lot about the various laws protecting service dogs and am quite familiar with them.  I have been looking into how other work environments, such as healthcare and food facilities, deal with service dogs but not much has been written about the employees with service dogs.
  As for how the museums policy should comply with federal and state law, it should comply but often there is so much grey area that the laws are usually bent. Such as the current situation that I am in where one option that has been proposed is to keep my dog in a separate room closed off from storage while I am working in storage. This could be considered reasonable accommodations in that the dog will still be with me at work. However, I don't agree as I'm separated from my dog
  I have been doing research for many months regarding this subject, but I cannot find anything written about this type of situation.
  Thanks
    April

Sent from my iPhone