Dear Michelle, dear all,

we have commented the development in the Editorial of the January issue of MUSEUM AKTUELL (http://www.museum-aktuell.de/download/d_86.pdf) but think that it is up the US citizens to solve their problem. We have similar problems in the old world (say: Turkey or France). ICOM will be no help as the new president prefers to remain silent on the destruction of democracy and free press in Turkey.

As museums are not trained to encounter Golem-like destroyers of culture, science and humanity, it will be a terrible phase for all of us. In the upcoming issue of EXPOTIME!, we start with an article by Antonio Gomez de Costa: From Ear Candling to Trump: Science Communication in the Post-Truth World. This is how we support your case.

Best

Adelheid & Christian

Subscriber link: http://www.museum-aktuell.de/eBook/ma/Museum-Aktuell-2017-01/index.html