A Ten-State Regional Museum Network

MPMA Board Election 2017

Nomination Period is now Open
It closes April 10.
 Greetings to our Friends in the MPMA Region:
 It's that time of year again - time to nominate your colleagues to be placed on the 2017 MPMA Ballot.  Many of our best nominations come from you!!!

These are the positions up for election:
A. Vice-President, 2 years (This position is also President-Elect)
B.  Secretary  (2-year term)
C.  Treasurer  (2-year term)
This group works hard.

D. Board Member-at-Large (3-year term / 3 positions)

This group plays hard, too.

NOMINATION DEADLINE:   April 10, 2017

   Voting is held May 1, 2017 to June 2, 2017.

For a nomination form, visit http://mpma.net/Board-of-Directors-and-Elections

Serving on the MPMA Board is a rewarding and educational experience

MPMA has created a community for museums in the west where the professionals who work in them have access to networking opportunities, professional development, advocacy assistance and the sharing of knowledge about best practices and standards. Board members contribute to the growth and direction of this major regional museum organization. MPMA makes a difference in the museum field on a national level through its participation in the Council of Regional Associations and other activities.  Being an important voice for the field is exciting and gratifying.  I would encourage you or one of your colleagues to become involved and I would be pleased to answer any questions you may have.

Deadline for nominations to the MPMA Board of Directors is April 10, 2017.

Visit MPMA's website for the Nomination Form at mpma.net

Sincerely,

Mike Smith, MPMA Board Development Chair
Director/CEO (Ret.) Nebraska State Historical Society

Election Schedule:

Nominations Due:      April 10, 2017

Ballot Posted:             May 1 - June 2, 2017

About Mountain-Plains Museums Association
The Mountain-Plains Museums Association (MPMA) is the regional museum association providing professional services to museums in these ten (10) states: Colorado, Kansas, Montana, New Mexico, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming. Since 1953,  this community of museums in the west is where the professionals who work in them have access to networking opportunities, professional development, advocacy assistance and the sharing of knowledge about best practices and standards.  MPMA is one of six regional associations in the country and works closely with the national museum organization, American Alliance of Museums (AAM), on issues relating to museums around the country.
Mountain-Plains Museums Association, 7110 W David Drive, Littleton, CO 80128