My concerns might be off gassing. Either from the product, the underlayment or glue if used.

-----Original Message-----
From: Reppert Gerber, Alison <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Mar 2, 2017 4:43 pm
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Torlys Everwood floors

I received a question from a colleague who is in the process of renovating an archival work space that was damaged after a flood. They are looking into using Toryls Everwood floors, which is a vinyl laminate material. It seems like a fairly good product – antimicrobial cork underlay, waterproof, and easy to maintain/clean. Has anyone ever used this product and could offer any comments for or against its use?

Thanks!
Alison

Alison Reppert Gerber
Preservation Coordinator
Smithsonian Institution Archives
PO Box 37012, MRC 507
Washington, DC 20013-7012
Tel.: 202-633-5921 | [log in to unmask] | Fax 202-633-5928