Registration is filling fast for Can We Do That?: Intellectual Property Rights and Visual Media, a Visual Resources Association Foundation Regional Workshop . Can We Do That? will be held on Thursday, March 30, 2017 at this Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) and co-hosted by the University of Oregon Libraries.  We are fortunate to have as our workshop instructor Cara Hirsch, former Associate General Counsel at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation and former Deputy General Counsel at ArtStor. Cara brings vast experience to her instructor role, having supervised the rights review and clearance process for media collections in the Artstor Digital Library, a digital image resource that makes available to nonprofit institutions over 1.7 million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences.  We are certain that cultural heritage professionals, the information and educational communities, and anyone interested in visual culture will benefit from this experience, and for those of you who also plan to attend Online Northwest (http://onlinenorthwest.org/) on Friday, March 31, joining us for Can We Do That? represents a unique opportunity to make a long weekend packed with high-level programming!

We encourage you to share this announcement broadly with your colleagues. To learn more about and register for Can We Do That? visit http://tinyurl.com/j4slq32. The fee for this day-long workshop is $125.  For more information, or if you have questions about registration, feel free to contact Betha Whitlow, VRAF Director, [log in to unmask]. For questions about the Pacific Northwest College of Art venue, please contact Serenity Ibsen, Interim Director of Library Services at PNCA, [log in to unmask].

--
Curator of Visual Resources
Washington University in Saint Louis