Hi everyone,

You may recall I circulated a question recently regarding digital
deaccessioning (for which I would still be grateful for feedback!). This
essay will be included in a publication tentatively entitled, "Is it Okay
to Sell the Monet? Age of Deaccessioning in Museums" which I'm co-editing
with Julia Courtney of the Springfield Museums. We have several
contributors who have come forward but still have some available subject
areas that might be of interest to those on this listserve.

In summary: We invite proposals in all areas of deaccessioning and
encourage contributions that include both physical and digital collections
objects. In addition to academic analysis, we welcome practitioners and
professionals and encourage interdisciplinary research addressing the
myriad of deaccessioning issues facing collecting institutions face in the
United States.

Areas in specific need are:

◦       *The Mechanics of Disposal*

·        Negotiating the Private Sale

·        Auction House Perspective

◦       *The Use of Proceeds:  Ethics and the Role of Professional
Associations*

·        Do Sanctions Work?

·        Flying Under the Radar:  What Does Direct Care of the Collection
Really Mean?

·        Guilt by Association:  Museum Directors on the Firing Line. How
museum Directors deal with decision of their boards to ignore the ethical
rule.

◦       *Other Case Studies *

I attempted to attach the Call for Papers, but the listserve declined to
send the message bc it is a PDF. If you would like a copy or have
questions, please contact Julia at [log in to unmask] or me
at [log in to unmask] // [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Katherine