Happy new year, everyone! I am researching legal and practical issues in digital deaccessioning, meaning the deaccessioning of digital works, which include all variety of digital media works, including without limitation software, algorithms, video games, works that were born-digital or which have digital components or derivatives, etc., and would like to connect with individuals who have had experience in this area to learn more about the practical challenges and questions that arise from the curatorial, collections and care perspectives. The research will produce an article on the same topic. If possible, I'd like to include case studies and possibly brief interviews in the article.

I'm also interested to know what comes to mind when you hear/see the term "digital deaccessioning;" I've been finding that people interpret it differently. Some think about the deaccessioning of digital works as described above, some think of only digital derivatives of physical works, and some think of a digital process, for example a content management system relating more to the process of deaccessioning.

Thanks in advance for your input! and please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask].

Best,
Katherine