I am interested in exploring systems to provide assistance to public programs audience members who are hard of hearing. Most of our patrons who ask have age-related hearing loss, and would not be helped by sign language interpreters. They need either audio-boosting headphones or some kind of closed captioning. I would appreciate hearing about others' experiences.

________

Karen Christianson
Director of Public Engagement
(312) 255-3539
Newberry Library
60 West Walton Street, Chicago, IL 60610-7324

twitter: KACNewberry
www.newberry.org

The Newberry, an independent research library open to the public without charge since 1887, serves thousands of readers each year.
Help support our work: http://www.newberry.org/donate-now, or support us at http://smile.amazon.com.