Dear Rachel,

Your request for an archivist without formal training was forwarded to me by a  friend who had received it.  I started here at The Jewish Museum as a volunteer in the archives.  After a few years, the administration decided to formalize and reorganize the archives. They created a position in the Exhibition Archives and allowed me to completely reorganize and overhaul the files, which contain all curatorial paper records of exhibits and files of the history of the museum.  I don’t handle artifacts or museum objects.

If you think I could contribute to your panel, I welcome your response.

Best regards,

Barbara Packer

Barbara Packer
Exhibition Archive
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY  10128
212-423-3258

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.