Cats are a poor choice for pest control because you can't control the cats,
they can decimate the local bird population. As reported in a study by the
University of Nebraska Extension Service:

"Some proponents contend that feral cats provide societal bene ts by
controlling invasive species such as pigeons (Columba livia), house mice (Mus
musculus), Norway rats (Rattus norvegicus), and European starlings (Stumus
vulgaris). Feral cats do kill some of these animals, but they are not
effective in controlling populations because pigeons, house mice, and
Norway rats have adapted to liv- ing in close association with humans and
human-related disturbance. In California, 67 percent of rodents, 95 percent
of birds, and 100 percent of lizards brought home by cats were native
species, and native birds were twice as likely to be seen in areas without
cats. House mice (an invasive spe- cies) were more abundant and native
rodents less abundant in areas with cats."

http://extensionpublications.unl.edu/assets/pdf/ec1781.pdf

Consult a professional.

Regards, Paul Stromdahl

--
Norman *Paul* Stromdahl

206 251 6354 (M)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/npscreates

Be paperwise and print only if necessary:)
This email may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may not
distribute, copy or otherwise use the information herein. If you have
received this email in error, kindly notify the sender by reply email and
destroy it.
Thank you