From: Domeischel, Jenna [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 10:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Mounting Ideas

Hi all,

I'm the curator of a small archaeological museum. We're trying to figure out
an archivally responsible, relatively inexpensive, DIY way to hang some
difficult objects. These include cradle boards, bows and arrows, spears, and
a shield cover. Ideally, we would like to hang these directly onto the wall,
as we are going for a complete coverage look in our new space. (We've been
renovating for a year.) However, we haven't yet figured out how to do this
without 1. damaging the object, or 2. spending more money than we can afford
on our extremely limited move budget.

Another consideration is that we are trying not to do anything in our new
space that would keep us from moving towards accreditation in the next 5-7
years.

Anyone dealt with these types of objects/problems/considerations before? We
would appreciate any help or advice we can get!

Thanks,

Jenna Domeischel

  _____

Confidentiality Notice:

This e-mail, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information as
defined under FERPA. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico
Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message

  _____

http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L
<http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1> &A=1