Greetings, Museum educators!

I am creating an education program for 6th graders for our local oil
museum.  We are doing a program for how ancient civilizations used natural
petroleum seepage for things like building mortar, medicine, water sealant,
etc.

I'm needing suggestions for what kinds of activities might be popular and
engaging in the classroom.  Here is what I have so far:

Mosaic artwork
Basket weaving
Marketplace trading skit

Please help refill my well of inspiration!

Thanks,

Danielle Feist
Kansas Oil and Gas Museum
Great Bend, KS