From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of William Hosley
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 8:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Policy/Procedures for selling original artwork

I saw at contemporary art show (place-based art) at your Hamilton House a year ago. Don’t recall if for sale - but bravo if it was. To say you are “not a gallery” is self-limiting. You can be anything you want to be consistent with sticking to your core mission and earned income that supports it. If it helps artists and helps your properties - then why not manage such activities as a gallery would. Is 30% commission reasonable for the time, trouble and promotion? I would say so.

Bill Hosley