JOB OPENING

The Shaker Historical Society welcomes applications for an Administrative Assistant to join our small but dedicated team of museum professionals. Founded in 1947, The Shaker Historical Society now operates a museum, library and archive, art gallery, gift shop and exciting Bike Shaker program. Our mission is to inspire people to engage in and celebrate the Shaker Heights story and its impact on Cleveland... past, present and future. We are thriving and have a full schedule of educational programs, lectures and fun events. Our work is inspired by the Shakers of North Union who respected others, treated everyone with the same generous hospitality and worked diligently and efficiently.

The successful candidate will have excellent computer, writing and customer service skills. He or she will be self-motivated and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have prior museum experience and a love of history.

BA or BS required
1-3 years office experience

No phone calls please.

Our website is currently down but you can discover a lot about our small but mighty organization by consulting our Facebook page.

Qualified candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and a resume to Dr. Ware Petznick at wpetznick @ shakerhistory {dot} org

DEADLINE: Will remain open until filled

Ware Petznick, PhD

Executive Director

Shaker Historical Society

Shaker Historical Museum – Lissauer Art Gallery – Spirit Tree Gift Shop – Bike Shaker

16740 South Park Boulevard

Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120

216-921-1201

www.shakerhistory.org

We inspire people to engage in and celebrate the Shaker Heights story… past, present, and future.

ON NOW: The French Connection: Shaker Heights Architecture. In the Lissauer Gallery Jamie Morse: Landscapes on now until Oct 2. For the latest information about our programs, please become a member of the Shaker Historical Society, consult our facebook page or our website shakerhistory.org