Hi Karen,

Our institution, the Buffalo Museum of Science, is currently taking part in
a traveling exhibit called "Burchfield Botanicals" put together by the
Burchfield Penney Art Center, which pairs Charles
Burchfields drawings and paintings of botanicals with our wax models of
coordinating botanicals, created here at our museum by the Marchand
brothers as part of their Wildflower Collection. Paul Marchand's models are
scientifically accurate and have been called "artistically superb"
(we definitely think so!) so they themselves are a good mix of art and
science.  I've included a link to the original exhibit site at the
Burchfield Penney:

https://www.burchfieldpenney.org/exhibitions/exhibition:06-13-2014-11-09-2014-burchfield-s-botanicals/

The "Objects" selection on the lower right is still usable and you can see
a sample of the paintings, sketches and models in the exhibit (The exhibit
is currently at the Boise Art Museum).

If I recall both institutions have had interesting programming to pair with
the exhibit, some using the concepts of botany and art together, though I
can't remember specifics (you might want to contact them directly for more
info).

I am happy to answer questions that I can though!

Rebecca Klie
Anthropology Collections Assistant
Education Collection Manager
Buffalo Museum of Science