Heritage  Interpretation Training Center
Interpretive  Master Planning Courses and Resources

When I was  teaching Interpretive Master Planning at Ohio State University,
it was  considered the "cap stone" course for our interpretive major.
Today folks still think there is only  "one" course in Interpretive Master
Planning.  But we have developed and offer 8 courses in interpretive  planning .
All of these courses are based on actual  interpretive planning projects we
have done over the years and reflect both  "real world" and state-of-the-art
interpretive planning techniques and  strategies.  We teach what we do, and
do what we teach.
All courses can  be started anytime and completed at your own pace.  All
courses include copies of my  Interpretive Planning e-text books, support
videos, a variety of handouts and  sample completed interpretive plans to use as
references for format and  content.  Just click on the link for  the course
details.
As an e-LIVE  course, you can work on actual interpretive planning projects
as part of the  course assignments and receive free planning consultation
and coaching for your  interpretive planning project.
Interpretive  Master Planning - e-LIVE. 13 Units, 3 CEU Credits.

$275.00 This is our basic overview interpretive planning  course.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_master_planning_course.html
Interpretive  Planning for Historic Homes and Gardens. 12 Units - 3 CEU
credits $225.00  USD
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_planning_for_historic_homes.html
Interpretive  Planning for Botanical Gardens  and Arboretums.
11 Units - 3 CEU  credits, $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_botanical_gardens.ht
ml
Interpretive  Planning for Historic Farms and Agricultural Sites,  13 Units
- 4 CEU credits, $300.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_historic_farms.html
Advanced  Interpretive Master Planning. 14 Units, 2.5 CEU Credits, $250.00
(Regional interpretive systems planning, planning for landscape  museums,
outreach programs and more.)
http://www.heritageinterp.com/advanced_interpretive_planning.html

Interpretive  Planning for Scenic Byways and Auto Tour Routes. 10 Units, 2
CEU Credits.  $275.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning_for_scenic_byways.html
Conducting  A Feasibility Analysis Before Developing New  Interpretive
Centers, Nature Centers and Small Museums. If  you build it they may not come -
or at least in the numbers  needed!  So how can you know for sure before you
build it? Nine  Units - 2 CEU Credits - $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interp_center_feasibility_analysis_course.html

Developing  and Managing Community Interpretive Plans and  Programs.
12 Units, 2  CEU Credits Course Tuition: $300.00
_www.heritageinterp.com/community_interpretation_planning.html_
(http://www.heritageinterp.com/community_interpretation_planning.html)

Resources  for Interpretive Planners
The  Heritage Interpretation Center for the Advancement of  Excellence in
Interpretive Planning.  Lots of resources and references  for interpretive
planners and staff members.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/the_center_for_interpretive_planning_advanceme
nt_.html
The Heritage  Interpretation Resource Center- Lots of FREE articles,
training  handouts and more.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/heritage_interpretation_resource_center.html

Interpretive  Services Book Store (you can purchase many of our
interpretive e-books  here.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretation_book_store.html

New  Text Books (available through the bookstore).
-  The Interpretive Trails Book  (planning, developing and developing media
for self-guiding interpretive  trails).
-  The Interpretive Trainers Handbook -  how to teach interpretation to
others.
-  The Interpretive Writers Handbook -  at the publishers, out by the end
of the year. This will be the new text book  for our interpretive writing
course.
If  you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Helping to move the interpretive profession into a world of new
possibilities.
John  Veverka
Director,  HITC
Sr.  Instructor, Kansas State University - Global Campus (Interpretive
Planning).