From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leary, Patrick
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 12:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Best LED museum lighting?

What kinds of LED lights have people found most appropriate (and, importantly, affordable) for their gallery lighting?  Many of the ordinary commercial ones we’re looking at are too bright.  We’ve read a little bit about Soraa and Phillips PerfectBeam, but are unsure what would work best.  We would mostly be replacing longneck 50-watt, PAR30, 34-degree floods.  Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Patrick Leary, Ph.D.

Curator

Wilmette Historical Museum

609 Ridge Road