From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Laura Rice
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 2:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Donations moratorium

Hello Laurel-

I guess I’m not clear on why they want to be notified about any “outstanding items”—so they can take them for their own collection? Or simply to know what you have collected in the interim? I would be wary of entering into any such agreement. Your (yours and the board’s) first responsibility is to your own institution, not theirs. Sounds a bit odd to me. I’d steer clear.

Laura S. Rice

Chief Curator

The Adirondack Museum