Hi Cindy & others!

We implemented an online reservation *request* system for the 2014-15 school year. One other park in our system does online reservations, but we are a much smaller site with fewer staff. So, we still have to review requests so that we don't have more people than we can handle. (We have small spaces that we use as our learning centers).  Even still we get less than truthful requests. We also utilize an online calendar once reservations are made that shows available dates,  and i send an email confirmation once i have vetted the request.

As for the migration to this way, i prepared everyone on my school contacts list, had postings on our homepage, and came up with a step-by-step, illustrated with screen shots guide.

Be sure to be thorough, but keep it short. My teacher friends vet everything for me, and they, too, are taxed with dwindling resources and tons of work!!

If you'd like to see our form and the online calendar, you can find it here:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/colvinrunmill/teachers.htm

Click on "Click for Availability". You'll have to go back to June or earlier, where an "available" date can be clicked on.  Feel free to make a "reservation," and if it accidentally gets sent, don't worry - it goes to my mailbox!

Best,
Kathryn M. Blackwell
Historian
Colvin Run Mill Historic Site