As Therese Quinn suggested for a history project - perhaps you could find a volunteer with enough computer skill to scan all articles and create files by date and/or name of person. The original materials are probably deteriorating at a rapid rate and will no longer be useful or worth the effort to keep. You could then toss the original books. Maybe keep one or two binders/covers if they are interesting or worth the effort.

Barbra Broidy
JHU MA Museums Studies program candidate

-----Original Message-----
From: Therese Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wed, Jul 6, 2016 7:24 pm
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Sympathy Scrap Books/Funeral Books

These kinds of artifacts could form the bases of exciting (and potentially fundable) oral and community history projects (with schools, churches, non-profits and other local organizations leading the efforts) and could also support family history research, so perhaps explore these possibilities before ditching, because once gone, those opportunities close.

Therese Quinn