Hello All,

As a reminder, you are invited to join the Creative Learning Factory and special guest Dr. Patty Bode on Wednesday, July 6th from 2:00 – 3:15 PM EST for the latest Museum Educator Series webinar Museums and Cultural Rights: Museum Life as a Civil Right and Human Right.

What does it mean to engage and widen audiences while authentically cherishing community knowledge and social change? What are the roles and responsibilities of museums to cultivate a sense of belonging, purpose and participation, and to teach while treasuring collections amidst dynamic community transformation?

This webinar offers multiple avenues to address these questions. Asserting that cultural rights include access to, and participation in museum life is a civil right and human right in our democratic society, Patty Bode – who brings decades of experience working with museums through hands-on practice as an educator in urban schools, community arts programs, and teacher education – speaks to the realities of 21st century museum life amidst social stratification of our audiences such as race, social class, language, sexual orientation, religion and more. Rather than dictate a formulaic curriculum for museums to adopt, the presentation offers a number of case studies that demonstrate ways in which museums have successfully implemented social engagement with a wide range of audiences.

To learn more and register for the webinar, visit creativelearningfactory.org or click here. If you are unable to attend the live webinar, all registrants will also have access to the webinar recording via their MyCLF account page within one week of the live webinar. Registration is $20.00 per webinar; group pricing and season passes are available. Email [log in to unmask] for more information.

Patty Bode is a passionate and inspirational speaker, and we hope you are able to join us for this exciting webinar!

Sohayla Pagano | Creative Learning Engineer

Creative Learning Factory

800 E. 17th Ave., Columbus, OH 43211

p: 614.297.2528 | [log in to unmask]