Colleagues,

I’m passing this on as it may be useful — just in case!!!
+++++++++++
Suzanne Quigley
845 266 0487 (land)
917 676 9039 (cell)
www.ArtAndArtifactServices.com

This is a short note to let you know that I have recently added a new service to my firm, argon anoxic fumigation of art objects     http://anoxicfumigation.com

Bill Louche, of Art Care International, an old colleague of mine from the Met, ran such a service for many years, and he treated many wooden objects for me.   He passed away last year, and after many inquires for this service, I decided to fill the gap.  I utilize the same approach as Bill - argon gas, which is non-toxic, leaves no residue, and is a proven method appropriate for art objects that contain wood, such as furniture, frames, and panel paintings, to name only a few. It is also suitable for clothes moth infestation of historical textiles, such as carpets, upholstery, tapestries or costumes.

Two recent projects have been a pair of 18C stamped armchairs and over a dozen contemporary paintings that recently arrived in NYC completely infested with insects. A third project, of wood used in a large contemporary art piece is in the works.

Yuri Yanchyshyn
Principal and Senior Conservator
Professional Associate, American Institute for Conservation
Period Furniture Conservation, LLC
37-18 Northern Blvd  Ste 407
Long Island City, NY  11101-1636
telephone  212 255 7426