I agree with Sara; and if one has always been single — how can they compare what being single is compared to non-single? How is it different for men, if at all (similarities and differences)? Is being “single” different cross-culturally? If they are treated poorly, is it do someone (that mean person) just having a bad day or year (death a child or parent or debilitating disease, etc…) of the person being curmudgeonly toward the poor, single, person?

But we need to know what being “single” is.

People now, if divorced, separated, widowed, call themselves “single”, but being an actual single parent whose children were born on the cusp of unmarried women's children being called bastards, how has that appropriation of the glorification of victimhood (obviously those types are piss poor scientists and mathematicians much less have the critical thinking skills to go past thinking at stage 1 to those further stages of analysis) illuminated the ridiculousness of the whining of today’s immediate gratification populations, the entitlement population, the you owe me population, oh poor you, you need 30 government programs and the concomitant 30 bureaucracies, and the grads being spit out today with incompetency in the literature of other disciplines (economics, anthropology) much less the broader historical literature with opposing viewpoints in their own discipline?

What is single? Define the terms.

Signa Pendegraft, MA, RPA
Robert M. Lee Trust, Archives