InterpNEWS

The International Heritage Interpretation e-Magazine.

The July/August of InterpNEWS is almost complete - just waiting for two more articles to come in.  It will be sent out and also available at: www.issue.com/interpnews  after the 1st of June.  IN reaches over 300,000 interpreters, museums, agencies and organizations in 60 countries.  InterpNEWS is sent FREE as a PDF attachment.

Here are some of the articles in the upcoming July/Aug issue:

- Interpreting the Giants Causeway World Heritage Site.  John Veverka

- What Keeps Interpreters from Writing Great Titles? Leigh Robertson

- Discovering shark’s teeth in south east London - Dan Boys

- A checklist for planning and delivery of interpretive walks and tours.  - John Veverka

- Insects Here, There and Everywhere:  Interpreting  BUGS With London's Archives.  A. Lipford

- A New Way of Looking at Things at Glen Mary historic plantation - GA Shrum & Meyers

- What Interpreters Need To Know About The Magical No. 7 (plus or minus 2).

- Interpreting the Crooked Pine: Interpretation vs. Education. By Larry Berrin

- Interpretation saves lives! J. Patrick Barry

- A Lesson in Interpretation - Elise's Pot" by Dr. Martha Benn Macdonal

- Interpreting the Corpse Flower - Dying to tell you about it. Fairchild Botanical Gardens

- An Equation For An Excellent Presentation. Ethan Rotman

- Intelligent Design of Interpretive Text. Dr. Stephen Bitgood

- Interpreting Scottish Folk Hero Rob Roy MacGregor - John Veverka

- Less is More: Engaging Audiences Through Labels. Ashley Downing

- Interpretive Training and Planning Opportunities.

Call for Articles for our Sep/Oct 2016 Issue

Plan ahead for our Fall issue.  I am now accepting articles for this issue.  Looking for any articles on creativity in heritage interpretation, including:

- Interpretation for children.

- Interpreting historic homes, gardens and structures.

- Industrial interpretation - historical industries.

- Interpreting wildlife (any subjects).

- New interpretive technologies (articles from commercial firms OK).

- Interpreting churches and historic cemeteries.

- Interpreting climate change and global warming.

- Interpretation in botanical gardens and zoos.

- Interpretation research and visitor studies.

- Developing and managing volunteer programs.

If you would like to be published in InterpNEWS let me know.  Our author guidelines are simple.

Cheers,

John Veverka

IN Publisher

Sr. Instructor, Kansas State University - Global Campus

Director - Heritage Interpretation Center for Interpretive Planning.