I work for a local history museum that is owned and operated by local government.  As such, we don’t do a lot of fundraising ourselves but have historically relied on a small but dedicated friends group to do this type of thing.  This group has recently lost some of its’ senior leadership and is going through a major transition.  The museum staff wants to take this opportunity to craft a new Memorandum of Understanding with this group (the old one is completely outdated and does not work) with the several goals in mind.  One, to better define their role as it relates to the museum.  Two, to help them refocus their energies to better support us.  And three, to better define the types of projects they should be supporting.  We are hoping that someone out there in Museum Land that works with a Friends Group and has a Memorandum of Understanding in place would be willing to share their MOU with us so we can see what others are doing.

Feel free to contact me off list if you prefer.

Mary Helen Dellinger   Curator

Manassas Museum System

703-257-8452

www.manassascity.org