Hello Denny,

I agree with William, if a large spare area within a computer room is your only option for a safe storage space, go for it.  You may ask if a cage with padlocking door can be constructed temporarily within the space.

   I worked for a municipal museum that only could offer a spare area in the town hall basement for artifact storage. The area was very large and open, accessed as a furniture storage/file storage, etc. and the gas furnace was located on one end of the big room.   The town committee and mayor agreed to allot 20ft x 12ft of space.  So, I  found a corner area away from the furnace, not under any pipes or mechanicals. I requested permission and funds to build a room with wood frame walls, with a wood framed door,  covered the whole thing with heavy duty chicken wire.  It could be locked with a combination padlock and only a few had the combination.  Funds were provided, Volunteers built it. We moved metal shelves and artifacts in. All was visible.. so it was easy to see any activity.  Not perfect, but best for the time.

Good luck to you!

Cheryl Stoeber-Goff, Museum Curator

Historic Services Division

Monmouth County Park System

Lincroft, NJ

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY
This message, including any prior messages and attachments, may contain advisory, consultative and/or deliberative material, confidential information or privileged communications of the County of Monmouth. Access to this message by anyone other than the sender and the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or not taken in reliance on it, without the expressed written consent of the County, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you should not save, scan, transmit, print, use or disseminate this message or any information contained in this message in any way and you should promptly delete or destroy this message and all copies of it. Please notify the sender by return e-mail if you have received this message in error.