Michelle and others,

I am also interested in learning about this topic, as I was formerly in Kim's position and may soon be involved in the selection of summer and part-time staff.  One thing I am wondering, when you say a cover letter is not signed, do you specifically look for cover letters that are printed, signed, and scanned?  Or do you prefer cover letters that have printed name and title at bottom, as expected for formal or business correspondence?

Michael R.