Hi Andrew,

Have you tried to contact any botanical gardens near you to see if they do display outside in cases and what they use?  I don't remember seeing cases at the Denver Botanic Gardens, but you might email them directly to see.  Here is their website: http://www.botanicgardens.org/  I do know they do outdoor display of artifacts.  They had a large display of Chihuly glass here recently, but no cases that I remember.

Just a thought.

Best,

Peggy