This sounds like a very bad idea.  I cannot imagine how hard it would be to then remove mineral oil from EVERYTHING in the room.  And I cannot imagine that mineral oil allowed to stay on an object would not in some way damage the object, especially textiles, but really any porous material is vulnerable.  Since yours is a tavern, I presume theirs much wood, and since I am not a wood expert, I would look to others to chime in here.   But there's my two cents.

Milissa

Milissa Brooks-Ojibway
Collection Manager
Glensheen, The Historic Congdon Estate