I used to work at an art gallery that did something similar. They could "purchase" decorating one of our exhibition spaces to be showcased in an annual Christmas/holiday art show. We pivided the space and a tree. Schools got involved by bringing classes on tours, and from that many businesses got involved. It was our largest fundraising event.