Heritage Interpretation Training Center

Spring Docent/Volunteer Interpretive Training Workshops for Museums, Historic Homes, Parks and Related Heritage Sites.

We are pleased to offer our spring Docent/Volunteer Interpretive Training workshops for getting your seasonal or volunteer staff ready to Provoke, Relate and Reveal your unique stories and the stories hidden in your objects and artwork, to your visitors in inspirational ways.

Available as one day to 3 day interpretive training experiences with lots of hands-on interpretive learning opportunities (people remember 90% of what they do  ).

Course topics include:

* How your visitors learn and remember in a recreational learning environments.

* Developing your interpretive theme and storyline.

* Developing your interpretive tour route and stops (to illustrate you main interpretive theme).

* Reading your audience and pre-tour audience analysis (how to best "relate" to your group using interpretive "intangibles" in your presentation examples).

* Ongoing tour evaluation - are they getting the message - relate each tour stop back to your main theme.

* How to position and manage your tour group stops throughout your tour.

* Developing your interpretive objectives (what you want your tour or program to have accomplished during and after the tour is over).

* Interpretive techniques and discovery experiences to engage your tour group (touch, small, feel, think).

* End of tour evaluation techniques for self-evaluation. How do you think you did?

If you would like more information on our docent/volunteer interpretive techniques and principles training programs and seminars, feel free to get in touch.  Put our 40 years of training interpreters to work for you.

Workshop costs: $600.00 per day of training plus related travel costs.  e-textbooks and handout materials are included in the course tuition.

John Veverka

Director, HITC

Certified Interpretive Trainer

Sr. Instructor, Kansas State University - Global Museum (Interpretive Planning).