Dirk,

When I was on staff at other institutions, it was our practice to give the names of at least 3 individuals or companies and tell the individual that we were doing this as a courtesy and could not recommend one over the other.

If you prepare lists of area framers and of art transport companies, you could hand those lists to the person inquiring and indicate that it was the inquirer's responsibility to do their due diligence in reviewing their qualifications, experience, charges, etc.

Hope this helps.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Curator
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation